The Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Blue Chip Expert Witness Practice
Learn how to dramatically grow your expert witness practice. How to Market Your Expert Witness Practice is based on the authors’ immense experience assisting expert witnesses and their first of its kind research collected from both expert witnesses and the trial lawyers who select and pay them.
• 8 proven techniques to obtain additional referrals through networking.
• How and where to advertise, including evidence-based data from over 250 expert witnesses and numerical rankings of 20 advertising choices.
• 23 easily implementable steps to make yourself more attractive to lawyers.
• How to identify, fill, and exploit a lucrative niche within your field.
• Best practices in positioning yourself, including 32 ways to improve your image and reputation.
• What every expert can do to obtain more repeat and word-of-mouth business based on extensive research data from practicing trial attorneys.
• Where to speak and publish and how exactly to best leverage speaking and writing into additional assignments.
• The most and least effective marketing techniques as reported by your colleagues.
• 7 techniques for identifying and reaching the specific lawyers most likely to hire you.
• Evidence-based data regarding exactly what trial lawyers believe should and should not be on an expert witness’s web site and statistical data on the cost and efficacy of an expert witness web site.
• What your minimum budget of time and money toward business development should be, what your colleagues are budgeting, and their return on investment.
• How to properly value a new client and analyze and evaluate your business development efforts.
• Evidence-based statistical data on advertising, including statistics on likelihood of success and backlash.
• The 10 steps to follow to grow your expert witness practice.
• Much, much more.