Top 10 Deposition Mistakes
On June 25, 2009, The TASA Group, Inc. (TASA) presented Top 10 Deposition Mistakes, an interactive webinar designed to help expert witnesses understand depositions more fully and work more efficiently with attorneys. This professional development course will help you to broaden your understanding of the legal process and expand the role you play in a lawsuit.
During the presentation, our panelists will cover the following:
- Not understanding whole theory of case - Why it is important to you and your "client."
- Incomplete C.V. - if you wrote it, list it because they will find it.
- Knowing and communicating with "the audience" - Let's get 3rd Grade for 20 minutes.
- Bad deposition manners - Smug, Rude, Loud and Angry.
- Refusing to answer hypotheticals on cross.
- Squirming on fee questions - Don't worry, you're worth it ... Aren't you?
- Unbalanced expert history Plaintiff vs. Defense.
- Confessing your skeletons - or why Facebook can be as bad as a conviction.
- Daubert who? Opinion reliablity issues and "junk science."
- Educating attorney - "What I'm really saying is ..."
Click here to view the presentation.
Click here to view the Windows Media version of the Webinar.